Friday, October 22, 2010

The Lad Report For Mg's and my Precipitate Experiment...

So for our experiment we chose to do it under the category of precipitates.

Precipitates are chemical reactions formed from two liquids taht create a solid. For our experiment we did the chemical reaction between Sodium Hydroxide and Silver Nitrate vs Sodium Hydroxide and Copper Sulfate.

We made two different observations for the two of them (that's implied, sorry if I'm redundant) and we got less-than-satisfactory-results. :(

For the first experiment, (Sodium Hydroxide and Silver Nitrate) when we appied activation energy the Sliver Nitrate desolved, created a puff of gas and turned clear.

The second experiment between Sodium Hydroxide and Copper Sulfate reulted in a concoction with a light blue color, in which part of it became a putty-like-substance.


OK... I know that there are no pictures or any more info other than the basic observation notes, but I'm too lazy to play with my camera card right now- so I'll post more in the morning! Consider this part one of the epic precipitate experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment